♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ's Reviews > Falling Kingdoms

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

52207144
4 Princess. Rebel. Sorceress. Hire. ★'s

“You must continue to believe with all your heart. Sometimes belief is all it takes to make something real.”

'Falling Kingdoms' was so good! I was hooked from the first page and I finished it in one sitting. I couldn't put this book down, it drew me right in and it was also a fast passed read. I enjoyed the plot, the writing style was captivating, the world was enchanting and well thought out. As were the characters, the character building was done nicely and they were all very enjoyable. I loved getting to know each and everyone of them and learning about the different kingdoms. I really enjoyed all the back stories too. The best part though was all the different characters and the different lives that they lead. They were all enticing, had depth and lots of room for growth. Truly it's so hard to choose a favorite. But... I do really love Princess Cleo, then again I really love all four of the main characters. I also love how none of the character are all good or all bad. The choices they make determines the paths in-witch they travel and some of those choices are leading them down some pretty dark alleys :( But every story needs a good villain or two in this case. The Kingdoms are fighting for POWER and in its wake, is so much blood, destruction, betrayal, and chaos. Sadly, so many die in this first book and one in particular completely shocked me!!! I was so NOT expecting that character to die so soon. But war is war, and I have a feeling that many, many, more will die before it's all said and done! There are so many twists and turns, and surprises at every corner. I love reading books with multiple POVs and this book has many :D Falling Kingdoms is sure to draw you in and break your heart. It broke mine, and it also had me tearing up in a few places. It gave me all kinds of feels! Everything felt really planned out and it was addicting. I believe, I have found my new addiction and I can't wait to see what adventures await me in Rebel Spring book #2.

*I love this cover a lot!*

“Hate is such a strong emotion. Much more powerful than indifference. But those who burn with hate can also love just as intensely. Can't they? When you hate--or love--do you do so with all your heart? So much that it feels as if you might die from it?”

“Even in the darkest and most cruel person, there is still a kernel of good. And within the most perfect champion, there is darkness. The question is, will one give in to the dark or the light? It's something we decide with every choice we make, every day that we exist. What might not be evil to you could be evil to someone else. Knowing this makes us powerful even without magic.”

“I’ll be strong,” she whispered. “I’ll be strong for you. For Emilia. For Theon. For Auranos. I swear I’ll make them pay for what they’ve done.”

“In any case, her fight was not over yet—not nearly over. It had only begun. And yes, Cleo would be strong. Just as her father and Emilia had asked her to be. She would be strong. She would reclaim her rightful throne. She would be queen.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Kingdoms.

Quotes ♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ Liked

Morgan Rhodes
“You're the same as you were yesterday and the day before. Nothing has changed. Not really. Forget what troubles you. Regret nothing, but learn from any mistakes you make. Tomorrow will be a brighter day, I promise.”

Morgan Rhodes
“The truth is only dangerous if it can inflict injury.”

Morgan Rhodes
“I have stories. But stories are not facts.'
'I like stories. Love them, actually. Most of the time they're better than facts.”

Morgan Rhodes
“You must continue to believe with all your heart. Sometimes belief is all if takes to make something real.”

Morgan Rhodes
“So my happiness that you're safe is more powerful than any anger. Love is stronger than anger. Love is stronger than hate--stronger than anything. Remember that.”

Morgan Rhodes
“You must draw from that strength. You must increase it. And you must hold on to it because sometimes that small glimmer of inner strength is all that we have to help us press forward through the darkness.”

Morgan Rhodes
“Love is stronger than anger. Love is stronger then hate-stronger than anything. Remember that.”

Morgan Rhodes
“He said we'd become stars when we died watching over the ones we love. Now I watch the sky every night hoping to find him there.”

Morgan Rhodes
“I've found rumors have much in common with feathers. It's rare that either holds much weight.”

Morgan Rhodes
“You must weather the storm and come out on the other side stronger than before.”

Morgan Rhodes
“And if you fall in love with someone else, you need to spend as much time with him as possible...Follow your heart wherever it leads. Appreciate life...”

October 28, 2017 – Shelved
April 2, 2018 – Finished Reading
April 30, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reading-challenge
July 29, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed-books
July 29, 2018 – Shelved as: dystopia-and-utopian

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Lola Oh, I DEMAND you read The Prince and the Dressmaker if you haven't already ^^

So glad you loved this too :D

message 2: by ♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ (last edited Apr 02, 2018 05:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ Lola, who are the authors? I have not read either of them, so I wanna look them up :)
I sooo did LOVE it!!!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Fab review Christina xox

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Fantastic review Christina! xox

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ @KAT & @SueBee - Thank you both so so much, truly :D xoxo

Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading•• I love this series! Great review :) I’m happy you enjoyed them too

Natalie Great review! I loved this book. (view spoiler) All of the different POVs made it more enjoyable, but it's also kind of confusing to remember all of the story lines :)

message 8: by ♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ (last edited Apr 05, 2018 08:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ @Camila Roy, Thank you so much :)

@Natalie, Thank you too hun!
I totally agree, I don't miss him either. I just wasn't expecting it to go down like that lol. If I'm being honest, I don't miss anyone we have lost from the 1st or 2nd book. That's probably not a good thing though :( And the one person they killed off in Rebel Spring (view spoiler) I was happy-ish but at the same time he was such (view spoiler) maybe he should have been kept around longer?? Ya know, because the bad people always seem to live the longest!

TANIA PARVIN I have started reading this book and yes Christina this book is really good. This book has lots of twists and surprises waiting.. I am happy i am reading this. And Book Reading is all that makes me happy :)

message 10: by Nina B (new) - added it

Nina B I really like yours reviews you always make me want to read the books 😆