Sarah Spelbring's Reviews > Immortal War

Immortal War by Justin Somper

liked it

When I saw a title like Vampirates, I really wasn't sure what I was getting in a book from Dollar Tree. I thought to myself, this could be decent, or extremely cheesey. It wasn't either, it was actually pretty good once I got into it.

It's the sixth book in a series, and while I think I would have benefited from reading a previous novel in this series, I wasn't completely out of the loop with the plot. It's set in a world of ocean going pirates, nocturnals (vampires), and vampirates (vampire pirates). Once I had it figured out who was who, the plot became much more interesting.

It was much more sophisticated than just vampires riding the oceans in search of their next meal, it was vampires riding the oceans to control the oceans and secure the future of their kind. Toss in a 500 year old prophecy, two sets of twins, and romantic rivalries and this book is far from cheesey.

Even though it seems I read the last book first, it would be interesting to read previous books in this series to see how it all led up to this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal War.

October 28, 2017 – Started Reading