Amanda Richardson's Reviews > The Maiden's Defender

The Maiden's Defender by E. Elizabeth Watson

I loved "The Maiden's Defender" by E. Elizabeth Watson. Medieval romances are my absolute favorite and I keep hoping they make a comeback. Lady Madeline's evil father has been displaced and she has been taken pseudo hostage by the Scottish King. She has a ward, but lives alone with just two feeble servants in a deserted keep. Madeline is sweet, kind, and very, very naive, she can't read or write and was cowed by her father for most of her life.
Tearlach is Madeline's father's former commander and was always attracted to Madeline, but knew he was beneath her. He stubbles upon her as he is traveling to seek a new position. She fell and hurt herself and he rescues her. Tearlach instantly takes Madeline on as his responsibility. He gifts her with additional supplies, visits with her and ultimately they fall in love.
But it will not be easy for the two. Madeline is betrothed to a man who isn't kind and she is scared to defy the king. Tearlach would do anything for Madeline, but he won't keep her from marrying a man of her station.
Tearlach and Madeline have chemistry that leaps off the pages. Loved them as a couple and liked each one as an individual character. I found myself rooting for them to find a way to their happily ever after.
There are a couple of really steamy scenes between the two. I will definitely read more by this author. Please keep the medieval romances coming!

I was gifted with a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maiden's Defender.

Started Reading