Spider the Doof Warrior's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

bookshelves: currently-reading

Should I read this book? I haven't even finished the first one because it's annoying me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

September 28, 2011 – Started Reading
September 28, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Gorfo love this book!

Kristin Well, if you didn't like the first, I dunno. I liked them. I have 3 but haven't gotten to it yet.

Spider the Doof Warrior I haven't finished the first because it bugged me so much.

Kristin What bugged you about it?

Spider the Doof Warrior Why were so many descriptions of people's specific lunches needed? Dude was like, She ate a ludefisk and tomato sandwich on sprouted wheat bread with a think layer of liverwurst and mayonaise. But not high fat mayo. Low fat maoy. Then she made a second sandwich. This time she put lettuce on it and ate it as she sat in front of her Apple Laptop with 5 gigs of memory and 100 tetrabytes of harddrive space. She used Chrome to look at pictures of women wearing leather with piercings as she is bisexual and into that sort of thing.

And also IT ENDED BUT HE HAD MORE GOING ON AT A POINT WHEN I WAS LIKE OMG THE STORY IS OVER. And that dude was boring compared to that awesome badass chick. I did like her at least but did I need to know about everyone's sandwiches?!

message 6: by Kristin (last edited Jan 14, 2015 01:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristin Hahaha I will totally give you that. Over the top details drives me bonkers, a lot of authors seem to do that lately! I guess I liked the storyline enough in this that I didn't notice it as much.

She was bad ass. Seemed like a strange match.

I am not sure that they the second book will be much better for you except that it has more of her and less of him. I liked it better though.

Spider the Doof Warrior Hmm I do like her, but did they at least stop it with the sandwiches and product placement?

message 8: by David W. (new) - added it

David W. You must be a much more attentive reader than I could be, Synesthesia, because I didn't even notice all the food product placements and I'm halfway through the first book already. What else bugged you?

Kristin I think the second one is better about it, still does is it a bit with her MacBook Pro or whatever, but not as bad