Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin's Reviews > Yes Please

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

bookshelves: audio, own

This was pretty good! πŸ˜„

I have the paperback but I listened to it on audio. She read the book herself and I love that. You get all of the true feelings when they read their own work.

I loved looking at all of the pictures in the book as well. My copy is a small paperback and it has those soft glossy pages that you love to snif. πŸ˜„ And all bookaholics know what I mean. I actually sat down my phone to sniff the book again while reviewing. πŸ˜‚

The book is set up in different sections as well. I have to admit I have ne we watched Parks and Recreation but I did add it to my Netflix to see if I would like it.

There is this part in the book where she is talking about back in the day. I was like, OMG, I should get out my old pics! πŸ˜‚

The eighties were a strange time for teenage fashion. We wore silk blouses and shoulder pads, neon earrings and jodhpur pants. Come to think of it, our pants were especially weird. We also wore stirrup pants, parachute pants, and velvet knickers. It was a real experimental pant time. We curled our hair and sprayed it until it was crunchy and high. We wore jewel tones and too much makeup. With the exception of a few naturally beautiful girls who knew how to balance all of these elements, we looked ridiculous.

Overall, I enjoyed the book!

Mel ❀️
147 likes ·  βˆ™ flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yes Please.

October 27, 2017 – Started Reading
October 27, 2017 – Shelved
October 27, 2017 – Shelved as: audio
October 27, 2017 – Shelved as: own
October 28, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

message 1: by Beverly (new)

Beverly I remember the eighties well. The dumb hairstyles were the worst.

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin I miss the 80's. Sigh. Not the clothes and stuff so much but everything else.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen I miss 80's too :) glad you enjoyed this one!

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin I miss them a lot! And thank you πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader I listened to this on audio too! Loved reliving it with your fun review! I lol'ed about the pants and hair. I love my 80s, but not necessarily pics of me in the 80s! πŸ˜‚ xo 😘

message 6: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie Nice review Melissa!

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "I listened to this on audio too! Loved reliving it with your fun review! I lol'ed about the pants and hair. I love my 80s, but not necessarily pics of me in the 80s! πŸ˜‚ xo 😘"

Thank you dear, Jen πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜˜ xoxo. I was tempted to dig out some of my old photos and have dad scan them but that's too much trouble and I didn't want to scare any one πŸ˜‚

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Thank you so much πŸ’•πŸ˜Š xo

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Great review Melissa! Glad you enjoyed!

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane Nice review Melissa!

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Kaceey wrote: "Great review Melissa! Glad you enjoyed!"

message 12: by Crumb (new) - added it

Crumb Wow, great review, Melissa!

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Hajar wrote: "Guess I'll be adding this to my shelf. Amazing review, Melissa, as per usual😊"

Thank you love πŸ’•πŸ˜Š. I hope you like it!

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Crumb wrote: "Wow, great review, Melissa!"

message 15: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Great review, Melissa! Nostalgia time . . . :)

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Thank you sweet, Jaline πŸ’•πŸ˜Š. Yes, I'm soooo big on nostalgia πŸ’œ

message 17: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Melissa β™₯ Dog Lover β™₯ wrote: "Thank you sweet, Jaline πŸ’•πŸ˜Š. Yes, I'm soooo big on nostalgia πŸ’œ"

I'm feeling it, too - I totally remember the '80's fashions - hahaha

Norma * Traveling Sister I enjoyed listening to this one too Melissa and wonderful review! I loved it that it she narrated it herself too. It was a fun one to listen to!

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Jaline wrote: "Melissa β™₯ Dog Lover β™₯ wrote: "Thank you sweet, Jaline πŸ’•πŸ˜Š. Yes, I'm soooo big on nostalgia πŸ’œ"

I'm feeling it, too - I totally remember the '80's fashions - hahaha"

πŸ˜„

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Norma wrote: "I enjoyed listening to this one too Melissa and wonderful review! I loved it that it she narrated it herself too. It was a fun one to listen to!"

I'm glad you enjoyed it too! It's so much better when they read their own books πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Susan Great review - she is one funny gal, isn't she?! I was really surprised at how insightful and thoughtful she is. She's a very good writer as well as an amazing comedian. Glad this one was an uplifting read for you!

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Thank you so much and I totally agree πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

message 23: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Melissa! :)

message 24: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Glad you enjoyed it pet! 🌹

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Candace wrote: "Great review, Melissa! :)"

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Miriam wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it pet! 🌹"

message 27: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Fab review Melissa! I also loved/miss the 80's! :)

Melissa β™₯ Dog/Wolf Lover β™₯ Martin Thank you doll 😘 I miss them so much!

Calista Great review Melissa. Nice job.