B.A. Wilson's Reviews > Relentless

Relentless by Karen  Lynch

24206425

bookshelves: favorites, ya, paranormal
Read 2 times. Last read December 4, 2020 to December 12, 2020.

This is such an excellent series! I adore it. I am so happy to be rereading this. The plot is interesting. The world building is spot on. The characters are fascinating! I've been listening to the Audible books, and the narration is good. I'm totally in love with this world, and these characters, all over again.

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
This was fantastic, and the cover does it no justice. In fact, I refrained from reading it, not even knowing what it was about, as I wasn't sure it was going to be good...just another book with sword and faces on the cover. That is so overdone, even though the cover is nice, that it put me off.

But wow, I was wrong. This is the first series to have really caught my full attention this past few months, and it grabbed me right from the start. I pretty much don't want to do anything but listen to this series, and as soon as I hit stop on book one, I started book 2. I'm even annoyed that work exists, because it is getting in the way of this world and all of its mysteries.

World building= A

Characters = A+ (especially the non-human characters)

Action & Excitement = A

Drama = A (Not overly dramatic, but plenty of real, solid drama that is not just silly nonsense)

Lack of characters named Becky = C-

Variety of paranormal creatures = A+

Ratio of male to female characters = B- (almost every character is male, except the MC--that's not bad, and I get it. I had far more guy friends in high school than girls, and there is a reason for the gender difference. But still. I hope book 2 turns out some more believable female side characters)

Hell Hounds = A+++++ (Please can I have some of my own? Pretty please?)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relentless.

October 26, 2017 – Shelved