RachelW (BamaGal)'s Reviews > Wild Hunger

Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill

bookshelves: arc

3.5 stars. Not bad, and Neill has improved as an author over the years. The storyline is the same old same old. Chicago is in magical danger, and Merit...oops, I mean daughter Elise must solve the mystery and save the day for Cadogon House and all the supes in the city. Since most of the characters are immortal or near immortal; it’s basically the same cast of characters along with the next generation of clones.

If you liked CLV, you’ll like this. If you liked Merit, you’ll like Elise...mainly because it is pretty much the same character with a new name. Well, there is the (view spoiler). Oh, and this time Ethan is Gabe’s son, a shifter named Connor, so slight change there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Hunger.

Finished Reading
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: maybe
October 26, 2017 – Shelved
May 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 10, 2018 – Shelved as: arc

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Mara (new)

Mara Eh, so not for me...

RachelW (BamaGal) Mara wrote: "Eh, so not for me..."

I read it because it was free. I would say you were a cynical beyotch; but you remind me too much of me... 🤨

I really need to stop using Netgalley as a one-stop-shopping source for reading. It’s just so addicting to pick out books there.

message 3: by Mara (new)

Mara RachelW (BamaGal) wrote: "Mara wrote: "Eh, so not for me..."

I really need to stop using Netgalley as a one-stop..."

Nothing wrong with it, at least if you don't like the books you have only wasted some time :)
But, no, I don't think I would have requested this book, I didn't last long with the main series...

message 4: by Mara (new)

Mara Ps: by the way, how the heck a vampire got a child??

message 5: by RachelW (BamaGal) (last edited Jun 25, 2018 11:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

RachelW (BamaGal) Mara wrote: "Ps: by the way, how the heck a vampire got a child??"

It was the unintended consequence of a collision of magic. Elise is still contending with the magical ‘thing’ that lives inside her. It gives her power; but is getting harder to control as she gets older.

She’s 23 now, I’m wondering how the author will deal with the aging thing. Who was it that had the vampires who were born but stopped aging and ‘transitioned’ at around 25?

EDIT: Wasn’t it BDB...they had children who went through a transition stage? I know they had babies and teens in that series...

message 6: by Mara (new)

Mara RachelW (BamaGal) wrote: "Mara wrote: "Ps: by the way, how the heck a vampire got a child??"

Yes, you nailed it. The Brotherhood, but at least that world building was somewhat sound. This story's hasn't: magic cures all, from death to childlessness....

Linda I have this ARC, too, and will get around to reading it sometime soon. The original series was a mixed bag for me, so my expectations aren’t especially high. The new Ilona Andrews Hugh book, though? Can. Not. Wait. :)

RachelW (BamaGal) I’m looking forward to the last Kate book, and hoping it’s not anticlimactic after the previous book. (Though the door has been opened for a crossover with Hugh’s series). I don’t know why I worry. They’ve never written anything that has ever disappointed me. ‘The Edge’ series is not a personal favorite of mine, but certainly not a disappointment.