Regina's Reviews > Witchlanders

Witchlanders by Lena Coakley

Sep 28, 2011

bookshelves: 2011
Read from October 04 to 14, 2011

i really liked this book! yes there were some parts that bored me a bit and parts where characters frustrated me but then there were the parts that made it all worthwhile, that spark of epic-ness.
description
I am always interested when the main character is male and this time there were two of them! I admit i was fishing for romance because what i read most of the time is YA romance(im such a romantic i know) and i got frustrated when i didn't find any. The story really came alive for me when i accepted this was not that kind of story and wow the high fantasy and magic was really cool. Ryder and Falpian's growing brotherly bond was in a way sort of sweet. There is space to romance to develop though since there is going to be a sequel by the looks of it? My predictions were RyderxRight hand of Aata, FalpianxSkyla(i think this pairing would be kinda cute).....maybe but its fine if theres no romance cause its more adventure and fantasy before all that. I think Skyla is one of my favorite characters, she has such a strong personality and will. Hopefully she will show up in book 2 if there is one. (view spoiler)
The silent witch the mention on the cover and flap on the other hand was not what i expected but i liked how she was developed, thank god theres no " wham! your hot, i love you " sort of romance between Ryder and her in fact they almost seem to dislike each other most of the time(but the book on the outside was totally suggesting that-False Advertisement!). She is quite flawed and makes really bad choices but it makes her very human so i will be interested to see if her character gets brought up again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchlanders.

10/14/2011 page 163
40.0% "ok its not so bad. i think i was grumpy because i was fishing for more romance but this story isn't really about that so after accepting that im enjoying it much more."