Lindsay - Traveling Sister's Reviews > The Tattooist of Auschwitz

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather   Morris

bookshelves: netgalley, traveling-sister-read

4.5 stars! My heart opened up and welcomed Lale in from the first page of this powerful story.

This is a truly unforgettable story of one man’s journey of survival through one of the most horrendous and appalling times in our history – Nazi concentration camp, Auschwitz. Lale Sokolov survived the brutal hell known as Auschwitz for over two years where his “job” was to tattoo prisoners with their identifying number. What he endured and witnessed is nothing short of horrific and devastating.

The author, Heather Morris, did an outstanding job giving Lale a voice. I will not ever forget reading this life changing and emotional story. How wonderful that Lale’s legacy will live on through the wonderful work of Heather Morris. It is so important that stories like this are not forgotten.

This was a Traveling Sister read which really enhanced the experience for me. To find this review, along with the Traveling Sister Read reviews, please visit Brenda and Norma’s fabulous blog at:

A big thank you to NetGalley, Bonnier Zaffre and Heather Morris for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tattooist of Auschwitz.

October 25, 2017 – Shelved
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 20, 2018 – Started Reading
January 20, 2018 –
January 21, 2018 –
31.0% "I can't put this down!"
January 22, 2018 –
January 23, 2018 –
January 24, 2018 –
January 25, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 4, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
February 4, 2018 – Shelved as: traveling-sister-read

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)

Elyse Walters Wonderful ! I pre paid for the audiobook MONTHS ago.... i’ve gotten to notifications from Amazon that they’ve had to delay the date so now I don’t think it comes out to the end of February . I should’ve just requested it I net galley and never did.
It’s OK I’ll get my turn but I’m really thrilled that everybody is loving this book I’m sure our temple but club will eventually read it as a group

Elyse Walters Two notifications

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Hi Elyse! I’m loving what I have read so far. This story has pulled me right in. I hope you get your hands on your copy soon!!! 🤞
Can’t wait to hear what you think of it! 😘

Rachel This is such a great book!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Yes it is Rachel!!! I’m loving it so far!

Rachel Elyse wrote: "Wonderful ! I pre paid for the audiobook MONTHS ago.... i’ve gotten to notifications from Amazon that they’ve had to delay the date so now I don’t think it comes out to the end of February . I shou..."

Hi. I just noticed your comment. The book is now marked as 'read now' on Netgalley.

It's a different cover but the same book.

Missy This was a great book. Keep your tissues handy!!!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Thanks so much for the tip Rachel! Hopefully lots of people grab this Read Now on NG!!

Thanks Missy. I’ll have my Kleenex ready. So glad you enjoyed it!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Loving it so far Hajar! I have such a soft spot for these type of novels. I love Lale’s character! 💕

Ceylan I got it off netgalley. Will start it when I finish the current book I’m reading.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Hope you enjoy it Ceylan. It’s a very touching and emotional story.

message 12: by JanB (new)

JanB All those stars are tempting my twitchy finger...lol!! Can't wait to see you full review 😊

message 13: by Judy (new) - added it

Judy I see now that it isn’t coming out until September 2018. 😥

Cheri Looking forward to your review, Lindsay!

message 15: by Deanna (new)

Deanna I'm looking forward to your review too!

message 16: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Awesome review, Lindsay. I'm going to have to get to this one sooner!

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Lindsay! I’m going to read this one as it sounds like one I shouldn’t miss!

Marialyce Wonderful review, Lindsay. I am the definite outlier on this book, but I am so glad you liked it.

message 19: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Excellent. Lots of people seem to enjoy this novel.

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori Fabulous review, Lindsay!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Beautiful review and so happy to have read it with you! 💕

Susanne  Strong Fantastic review Lindsay! So so glad we read this one together! I loved sharing this incredible read with you (and am so glad that you convinced me to download it from NG!).

message 23: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Wonderful review Lindsay! So glad you enjoyed :)

Karen Wonderful review Lindsay!

message 25: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Very nice review Lindsay!

message 26: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie Terrific review, Lindsay!

Holly  B Fab review Lindsay!

Angela M Wonderful review, Lindsay! Defense an unforgettable story!

Tammy Great review, Lindsay! I can’t wait to read this one. It sounds like an incredible book.

message 30: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana wonderful review Lindsay :)

message 31: by Larry (new)

Larry H Phenomenal review, Linds! So heartfelt! Glad this book moved you.

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great review Lindsay! This was a great sister read. I loved it too.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister JanB wrote: "All those stars are tempting my twitchy finger...lol!! Can't wait to see you full review 😊"

Oh this is so good Jan! I think you would enjoy it!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Judy wrote: "I see now that it isn’t coming out until September 2018. 😥"

Oh no....I wish you didn't have to wait that long Judy!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Deanna wrote: "I'm looking forward to your review too!"

Cheri wrote: "Looking forward to your review, Lindsay!"

Thanks so much Cheri and De! I loved this story. :-)

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Jen wrote: "Awesome review, Lindsay. I'm going to have to get to this one sooner!"

Thanks Jen! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Norma wrote: "Wonderful review, Lindsay! I’m going to read this one as it sounds like one I shouldn’t miss!"

Thanks Norma! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Marialyce wrote: "Wonderful review, Lindsay. I am the definite outlier on this book, but I am so glad you liked it."

Thanks Marialyce! Wish it would have worked out better for you, but I can understand your points. Looking forward to our next sister read!! :-)

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Lori wrote: "Fabulous review, Lindsay!"

Bianca wrote: "Excellent. Lots of people seem to enjoy this novel."

Thank you so much Lori and Bianca!!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Beautiful review and so happy to have read it with you! 💕"

Thank you Jennifer!! I loved reading this with you and am so glad we both loved Lale and his story. xo

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Susanne wrote: "Fantastic review Lindsay! So so glad we read this one together! I loved sharing this incredible read with you (and am so glad that you convinced me to download it from NG!)."

Thanks my lovely Susanne!! I am so glad we read this one together too! I won't soon forget this touching story. Makes it so much more enjoyable that it was a sister read! xo

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Holly wrote: "Fab review Lindsay!"

Debbie wrote: "Terrific review, Lindsay!"

Vanessa wrote: "Very nice review Lindsay!"

Karen❄️ wrote: "Wonderful review Lindsay!"

Kendall wrote: "Wonderful review Lindsay! So glad you enjoyed :)"

Thank you so much Kendall, Karen, Vanessa, Debbie and Holly!! xoxoxo

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Angela M wrote: "Wonderful review, Lindsay! Defense an unforgettable story!"

Thank you Angela! Yes - an unforgettable and very touching story! Glad we both enjoyed! :-)

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Tammy wrote: "Great review, Lindsay! I can’t wait to read this one. It sounds like an incredible book."

Thank you Tammy! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Svetlana wrote: "wonderful review Lindsay :)"

Thank you Svetlana!!! :-)

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Larry wrote: "Phenomenal review, Linds! So heartfelt! Glad this book moved you."

Thank you Lar! Yes -this was a very touching book that I won't soon forget.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Mary wrote: "Great review Lindsay! This was a great sister read. I loved it too."

Hi Mary Beth! Thank you so much!! I'm so glad we read it together and that we both enjoyed it! :-)

DeAnn Lindsay, great review of this book! I just finished it and thought it was well done!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Thank you DeAnn! So glad you enjoyed too!! 💜