Kathleen (Kat) Smith's Reviews > A Woman Overwhelmed: Finding God in the Messes of Life

A Woman Overwhelmed by Hayley DiMarco

"So much to do. So little time."

So much can be said in those two statements and most of the moms, wives, sisters, women, and more can attest to how truthful it feels like for us on a daily basis. What about you? Feeling like at times your day can feel overwhelming? How can women handle the day to day stresses without falling apart? How can we hold it all together when it seems like it is all falling apart at the seams some days? Where is God in all of this and how can He help?

You might want to pick up a copy of Hayley DiMarco's latest book, A Woman Overwhelmed: Finding God in the Messes of Life. It might just provide the encouragement we all need. What overwhelms you? Is it finances, trying to make ends meet when there simply isn't enough to go around? What about a health issue you've been diagnosed and it seems like prayer just isn't working and it's getting worse? What about your marriage that you've been struggling to hold onto knowing God can do all things? Do you ever wonder if the reason you feel overwhelmed is because we are NOT in charge? Tough question but one easily answered. If you were in charge of those situations, would they overwhelm you any longer? Not a chance.

Whatever is out of our control is what is overwhelming us. So often our goal in life is to find the best way to control, well, everything, including those around us. Especially the ones we consider our people, our kids, our spouses, our friends and family. In fact if you take any of the online stress surveys available, if four or more symptoms stress you out, they suggest a bigger problem. A problem with too much to handle. Let's see how you do. Do you struggle with any of the following, and be sure to be honest, at least with yourself.

Emotional eating

Insomnia

Digestive Problems

Ulcers

Anxiety

Tension Headaches

Weight Gain

Quick Irritation

When life is more than we can handle, just looking at it reveals our complete inadequacies, and failures and all we long to do it simply to go back to bed. We know we are overwhelmed and not in a good way. When our bodies are begging us for a straightjacket and a padded cell, and we start to at least consider it, we know its time to reassess our priorities and to look for the flaws in our logic and planning. Aren't you tired of being overwhelmed by life. Don't you want something more? Don't you?

I received A Woman Overwhelmed by Hayley DiMarco compliments of Abingdon Press and Litfuse Publicity. Almost every single woman can identify with feeling overwhelmed at some point in their life and she gives you the tools and encouragement you need, not only to realize you are not alone, but how to manage quickly through them and get to the other side of the issue. She opens up her own life and that is how I feel she wins readers over. We realize someone else has been there with us and the feelings she relates are exactly how we have felt. By the conclusion of this book, hopefully you can see the depths of God's love for you and maybe even the ability to catch a glimpse of the comedy of an overwhelmed life seen from the rearview mirror or the passenger seat of our car, and you will discover freedom. You will find grace to begin to close your worldly eyes to the messiness of life as you open your spiritual eyes to the beauty surrounding our messes. I easily give this book a solid 5 out of 5 stars and plan on referencing it often along with prayer to get through my own issues that threaten to overwhelm me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Woman Overwhelmed.

October 25, 2017 – Started Reading