Heather's Reviews > For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men

For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn

Sep 28, 2011

bookshelves: living-well, marriage-womanhood, favorites

Some women complain about this book, because of the generalizations. Well, I say that any book that sets out to shed light on an entire gender is bound to generalize somewhat. Why is this surprising?!

If you are going to read this fabulously helpful book how to love your husband well, be prepared for two things:
1) Your hubby has to really be honest. Some of what it says in here about men, he may not be super stoked about owning up to. This is where the generalizations come in. I realize they may not relate to ALL, but I'd bet money that they relate to a WHOLE bunch or men, whether they readily admit it or not. But he has to be honest in order to have forward motion from there, and in order to you to know how best to respond to him and his needs.
2) Whether each chapter of this book is relevant to your particular spouse or not, even talking about how it DOESN'T relate can spark fabulous, worth-while conversation! So don't just skip on past every section that is not an exact match for the Mr. to your Mrs. Talk it out!

Such good times with my husband going through this book together. We went through "For Men Only" simultaneously for a double-whammy of marriage boosting that I'd recommend to anyone who wants refreshment in their relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Women Only.