Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > The Shawshank Redemption

The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“I hope . . .”

The moral of the story? You have to crawl through a lot of shit in life before you reach Zihuatanejo.

Uncle Stevie will always be known as the Master of Horror, but it’s my belief that his not-so-scary stuff is where he truly shines. Hands down my favorite story ever, that just so happened to be converted into one of my favorite films as well. If you’ve not yet experienced it, you’re missing out on what my husband and I have dubbed “getting Shawshanked.” It’s one of those films that you can’t help but pause on when scrolling through the channels on the boob tube “just for a second.” That second turns into watching whatever remains of the film, and quite possibly crying a time or two. The book spares the reader the heartbreak which is Brooks, while the film offers the best miscasting of all-time with this “red-haired Irishman” . . . .

Another fabulous narration by Frank Muller which could only have been topped if it were Morgan Freeman doing the reading . . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shawshank Redemption.

October 25, 2017 – Started Reading
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: shorty-shorts
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: i-m-not-crying-you-re-crying
October 26, 2017 – Shelved as: audio
October 26, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Crumb (new)

Crumb Great review, Kelly!

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike I cracked up at the moral....

And I couldn't agree more with this thought:

"It’s one of those films that you can’t help but pause on when scrolling through the channels on the boob tube “just for a second.” That second turns into watching whatever remains of the film, and quite possibly crying a time or two."

Perfect review, Kelly!!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Thanks Mike! It's been awhile since I've been "Shawshanked." I might need to go seek it out : )

message 5: by Vivian (new)

Vivian In the movie, that last scene with the gorgeous beach? Yeah, that's where I grew up. Well, not on that beach because it's a deserted part of the island. I thought it looked wicked familiar when I was watching it.

Guess I need to read the story, now.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Vivian wrote: "In the movie, that last scene with the gorgeous beach? Yeah, that's where I grew up. Well, not on that beach because it's a deserted part of the island. I thought it looked wicked familiar when I w..."

I want to go to there : )

message 7: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "I want to go to there : ) "

Yeah, it was just demolished by Hurricane Maria, and Hurricane Irma took out the other two islands so you might want to delay that trip.

Kelli Such a great audio/book/movie. And review:)

Kelly (and the Book Boar) I agree Kelli (and thanks).