Rachel C.'s Reviews > Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

May 05, 2008

did not like it
Read in May, 2008

Gag. Every cheesy, tearjerker plot ever conceived is contained in this one novel. Among them: (view spoiler).

Also, I was expecting this book to be about a man writing love letters to a woman but Sam is the grandmother.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam's Letters to Jennifer.

02/03/2016 marked as: read

Snehanka Cheesy is d word...

message 2: by Lulu (new) - added it

Lulu Marie This was an amazing book. I usually don't read books like this but this one caught my sitting all lonely in my friends locker. She said the same thing. So I took it read it and fell in love with it.

Paul Russell The concepts in this book were based around emotional types of things. That fact has to be acknowledged. expecting a mildly emotional story is the wrong thing to do. The story was very touching and I fell in love with it, despite the fact that I'm into fantasy and science fiction with action and intensity.

Rachel C. Hi Paul - Glad that you got something positive and moving out of reading this book.

I didn't and I don't think it's because I "read it wrong," just that the writer's approach didn't work for me. Reading is a subjective experience, and yours and mine are equally valid.

Daniel I thought it was just right. I am nearly 60 and felt many of the emotions brought out in the story. Nothing is impossible.❤