Julia Byrd's Reviews > Artemis

Artemis by Andy Weir

❝Attack of the moon woman who made bad life decisions!❞ 🌒
It would be almost impossible for Andy Weir to follow up a mega-hit like The Martian with another blockbuster, and...Artemis is not as good as The Martian. But! I liked Jazz Bashara and enjoyed her many, many bad life decisions. Weir has an amazing ability to make technical science-y stuff come across as interesting. This story has a ton of welding, waaayy more welding than I've read through my whole life up until this point. The moon city of Artemis seemed plausible and well thought-out, and the residents were realistically diverse. 🌚🌝
Some reviewers have reported annoyance at Jazz's sense of humor, which is a bit juvenile. I didn't mind it. A lot of credit for that goes to Rosario Dawson, who narrated the audiobook with insouciance and sass. She had Jazz occasionally snickering at her own dumb jokes, which seems about right. The Brazilian mob side of the plot was confusing for me, and the romance was tepid. Weir's grasp on interpersonal relationships is shakier than his grasp on science. But overall I liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis.

October 25, 2017 – Shelved