Jemma Masters's Reviews > Destination Eden - Eden Fruitarianism Explained

Destination Eden - Eden Fruitarianism Explained by Mango Wodzak

U 50x66

very inspirational book, full of clarity, insight and an abundance of challenges. I wish I'd read this 15 years ago, my life could have been very different!

Mango writes from his heart and has a wonderful sense of humour to lighten the atmosphere. the book is full of great quotes that make it a book you can pick up and read comfortably from any page and still gain insight by doing so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destination Eden - Eden Fruitarianism Explained.

Quotes Jemma Liked

Mango Wodzak
“You know the world has gone mad when those who have enlightened, compassionate views and future visions, are accused of borderline insanity, ridiculed and criticised for thinking positively.”

Mango Wodzak
“After you have witnessed the reality, you can no longer look at a piece of steak, and simply think "yum".”

Mango Wodzak
“Meat is a 4-legged word.”

Mango Wodzak
“Seen from the point of view of a lie, the truth is often touted as radical.”

Mango Wodzak
“Who you are and what you experience is based upon the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the book you read, what someone said, the weather, an argument, nor your age, that are to blame (or credit!). You, and only you, are responsible for every decision and choice you make. Period.”

Mango Wodzak
“Choose empathy over apathy.”

Mango Wodzak
“How many would protest if restaurants began serving puppy and kitten flesh instead of calves? Robins instead of hens? Squirrels instead of pigs?”

Mango Wodzak
“Most people just want to be left in peace to eat their bacon, not realising that there is no peace behind bacon.”

Mango Wodzak
“Eden Fruitarianism is the solution to the dilemma of the screaming carrot.”

Mango Wodzak
“The sooner we wake up and realise that we have a moral duty to guide and protect this planet, the sooner things will improve for every form of life on this planet.”

Mango Wodzak
“Addiction brings apathy. Break the apathy, and you break the addiction.”

Mango Wodzak
“In dietary terms, being shod is rather similar to cooking one's feet, as opposed to barefoot being raw.”

Mango Wodzak
“Eden fruitarianism is about exposing denial, it's about recognising the invalidity of feeble excuses, it's about unveiling meaningless pretexts, and it's about taking responsibility for all of our actions, facing the consequences of them with honesty and integrity, and finally, and of most significance, it's about making whatever changes are necessary in recognition of our shortcomings.”

Mango Wodzak
“I'm not one of those fruitarians who advise people to make fruit an arbitrary percentage of their diet and then the rest, greens, nuts and seeds. Nor am I one of those fruitarians obsessed with calorie counting, and analysing the handful of separately classified scientific elements purportedly microscopically available within each fruit.”

Mango Wodzak
“We all enter this world as potential barefoot fruitarians. Fruit has that up front mixture of appeals, vibrant colours, the tantalising textures and deliciously sweet flavours that provided corruption and addiction are not already imbued, are instinctively appealing to all children. But alas it's a path few of us are privileged enough, or permitted to embark upon at such an early age. Instead, it rarely takes too long following nascence, before we find ourselves as involuntary shod omnivores. Rarely is such a state of affairs ever cross-examined.”

Mango Wodzak
“Shod Omnivorism; it pretty much sums up the current state of the world. I find the word 'shod' deeply descriptive; it conjures such an archaic barbaric feeling, of being shackled and tamed, captive and downtrodden. Omnivorism is the concept that every living and non-living thing on this planet is a potential meal, and God forbid that anyone should question another’s right to eat whatever, whoever and however they desire. Shod and Omnivorism together truly emphasise the sad disequilibrium of the dominant prevailing human mindset.”

Mango Wodzak
“There comes a time when everyone should seriously empathise.
Wikipedia defines empathy as “the capacity to recognise feelings that are being experienced by another sentient or semi-sentient being”. Empathy is a prerequisite for experiencing compassion, and compassion is precisely what this world is most in need of. It's the crucial emotion required to help free the world from the thralls of depravity in which it finds itself ensnared”

Mango Wodzak
“Think of a nectarine, what we eat is the precious, sweet, nectar flesh that surrounds the stone/seed of the plant. The seed is clearly separate from the flesh. The flesh is the thing that is, so to say, given karmically freely. Think of a melon, what we eat is the deliciously tasting flesh of the melon. Not the seeds in the centre which generally get left out of the digestive experience. (Yes, I'm aware that some cultures roast them, but fresh out of the fruit they are none too appealing in my eyes). Think of a papaya, we eat the life giving, juicy, vibrantly colourful, sweet flesh of the papaya. the small black seeds get released back into nature. Or should. Think of an apple. The flesh is savoured, the core, discarded. I could continue ad infinitum.”

Mango Wodzak
“Our bodies should be seen as temporary sacred temples of the soul and our duty to keep our individual one clean. Both internally and externally. Internally this is done by eating the right food; fruit. Thus avoiding any foods that sludge and sully the interior (especially animal products and cooked foods of any kind!). Externally, regular bathes in water will normally suffice, but all fruits can also be massaged into the skin with benefits. The skins of mangos and papaya feel especially pleasant, as does a head/hair bath in lemon juice”

Finished Reading