Dianne's Reviews > Haven

Haven by Mary Lindsey

Is Rain Ryland dark and dangerous or has life and the school of hard knocks never allowed him to fit in? After his mother’s death, he has the chance to start over, leaving the nightmares of the city behind and moving to a small town with the aunt he never met. Meeting his aunt the first time was a shock, but meeting Friederike Burkhart would become a life-changing event in more ways than he ever could imagine. Rain is about to enter the world of witchcraft and shapeshifters, it won’t make life any easier, but it just may be a place where he finally belongs.

HAVEN by Mary Lindsey is breaking some young adult paranormal molds, and I mean shattering them! Forget what you thought you knew about the genre, because this time out, the damsel in distress is more than capable of taking care of herself, all she needs is a little support and the backing of her pack, until she meets Rain and finds he may be the missing link she has always felt.

Mary Lindsey has tossed out the rule book, turned tables on the genre and given us a young man who discovering a hidden world, and he is not afraid to stand up to the bullies who live in it. Actually, that chip on his shoulder that Rain came to New Wurzburg with is easily being whittled away, thanks to his aunt, the stories she tells and the desperate need for one young man to be something, beside a teen labeled as trouble. Feel the grit, the tension, and the turmoil as well as the longings that rage inside Rain as we see this tale from his eyes and his heart. Moments of sweetness, heartache and insecurity will pull on your heartstrings as one teen finds a girl he can are about and she becomes like the fuel to his fire of determination as he vows to stop at nothing to keep her safe when the paranormal world is against her.

Mary Lindsey has a fresh, fast-paced and tension-filled tale that is magnetic from start to finish!

I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC edition from Entangled Publishing.

Publisher: Entangled: Teen (November 7, 2017)
Publication Date: November 7, 2017
Genre: YA Paranormal Suspense
Print Length: 400 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
For Reviews & More: http://tometender.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haven.

October 24, 2017 – Started Reading
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: strong-male-characters
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: ya-paranormal-romance
October 25, 2017 – Shelved as: ya-mystery-thriller
October 25, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Oo looks like this one was good! I've been eyeing it so I might have to run and request it! ❤️

Dianne Chelsea wrote: "Oo looks like this one was good! I've been eyeing it so I might have to run and request it! ❤️"It just sort of crept up on me, such a change from anything else I've read lately!