Katy's Reviews > Dirty Business

Dirty Business by Tracy Sharp

Sep 27, 2011

bookshelves: ebook
Recommended for: fans of thrillers, action/adventure, kick-ass heroine

Please Note: I read and reviewed this book in September 2011. I think the author gave me a copy for review, but I can't remember for sure. At any rate, all opinions are my own.

About the Book: In book 3 of the Leah Ryan Mysteries, three years has past since “Finding Chloe.” Leah and Jack have formed a PI company, and Leah has let Callahan move in with her. She and Jack have apparently dealt with some pretty nasty cases in the interim and they have just started back to work after taking a 6-month hiatus so they could heal themselves from the emotional stress. Then they get called in on a case where pregnant women have gone missing. During the course of their investigating, they learn of a cult where the leader of the cult is impregnating women and then, after the women give birth, they are being told their babies died. Leah and Jack figure there is black market baby selling going on. Cal can’t deal with the darkness anymore and leaves Leah.

My Thoughts: While this story was just as compelling and fast-paced as the previous two, the editing was not nearly as good. There were a number of misspellings, grammatical and punctuation errors, and out-right missing words. However, it didn’t take me long to get so into the story that I was quite willing to overlook them and submerge myself in the story. I’m quite impressed with these books and hope there will be more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Business.

September 27, 2011 – Shelved
September 27, 2011 – Shelved as: ebook
September 29, 2011 – Started Reading
September 29, 2011 –
18.0% "it feels like there should be another book between "Finding Chloe" and this one - lots of stuff missing. Also not as well edited; I think there might be a new editor on this one."
September 29, 2011 – Finished Reading