Jes Drew's Reviews > A Lesson in Love and Murder

A Lesson in Love and Murder by Rachel McMillan

Ugh! This book was so much tenser than the first one. The stakes got higher, the romances more complicated- and who's this Benny? Merinda is obviously Jasper's future bride!

#TeamJasper

Anyway, it's our loveable four characters back at their old games. Only there's been a few changes. Namely, due to the main romance of the previous book, Watts is maneuvering through the early months of her marriage. Also, there are anarchists in Toronto. Then there's Benny, who has caught Merinda's eye.

But Jasper!

My poor, sweet Jasper. My boy. He should not have had to go through the things he goes through in this book. Though, all the characters- including Benny, who I have less love for but still empathy- go through a ringer. Maybe the last climax was too easily solved. This one wasn't.

Jasper! Everyone else! Jasper!

Anyway, this series isn't just a mystery/romance/friendship story anymore. It just got real. And terribly emotional. And-

Before I yell my favorite detective constable's name again, I just want to say I can't wait for the next book in this series. And it had better have a whole lot of Jasper in it.

(Jasper...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lesson in Love and Murder.

Quotes Jes Liked

Rachel McMillan
“God is the greatest mystery. And when you believe in something, no matter how grand, no matter how invincible, you are willing to do anything, however preposterous, tosee it to its solution.”
Rachel McMillan, A Lesson in Love and Murder

Rachel McMillan
“He looked her over, appraising her, and she saw her worth reflected in the sheen of his eyes. He treasured her, despite every flaw, despite every rough edge. He cherished every imperfection. It startled her. She should rise to be worthy of this unadulterated love, shouldn't she? Heat flamed her face. She was careless in undermining Jasper's passion. His authority. She didn't deserve the way the way he looked at her.”
Rachel McMillan, A Lesson in Love and Murder

October 23, 2017 – Started Reading
October 23, 2017 – Shelved
October 23, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Rachel McMillan LOL this is awesome... it popped up in my feed. I gotta tell you -- if you like some Jasper, read WHITE FEATHER MURDERS :-)

message 2: by Jes (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jes Drew It's on my Christmas list!