MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...'s Reviews > The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right

The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande

2004056
Sep 27, 2011

Read from September 26 to October 12, 2011

(read in audio form) So far, so interesting! Although I'm a little squeamish on the medical trauma and surgery details, I am amazed at the results achieved by incorporating a simple checklist. Dramatic! Huge! I hope the author ventures into other professions and the benefits of applying checklists.

Another very interesting book, although somewhat 'academic' (the author's a surgeon, afterall). You'll gain insight into how crucial a simple checklist can be to avoid mistakes, accidents, and DEATH!

While it does bog down a bit near the end, stick with it because you'll be rewarded with a detailed explanation of how the recent Hudson River jet landing by Capt. Sullenberger actually occurred. Amazing group effort taking advantage not only of a checklist, but of serendipitous circumstances.

Ya know what would be great? If there was a website where we, the ordinary patient, could download the checklists physicians and other medical care professionals should be using in our own treatment! I'll go search!

Yes! Google it for yourselves to select what serves your need.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Checklist Manifesto.