Rosie Amber's Reviews > Match Me If you Can

Match Me If you Can by Michele Gorman

bookshelves: romantic-comedy

Match Me If You Can is a RomCom set in London and features internet dating.

Catherine, 'London’s Best Date Doctor', shares her business with ex-husband Richard, although his role is passive. Clients choose packages like 'Love Match', or 'RecycLove', the latter of which involves bringing in an ex, and both partners providing a romantic evaluation of the other. But Richard is about to sell his half of the business to his fiancé, Magda. Feeling hurt that Richard's love life has moved on so quickly, Catherine is even more surprised when Magda insists on an active role in the job.

Away from work, Richard and Magda want to be friends with Catherine, both seeking her advice on their wedding plans, which is both painful and awkward for Catherine, who certainly had my admiration; I’m not sure I would have dealt so well with an ex pushing his new relationship in my face.

Catherine currently lives with two housemates: Sarah, a baker and card illustrator, and Rachel, an architect. Both girls decide to join RecycLove, persuading their ex boyfriends to join with them.

The book revolves around the loves and losses of the trio. It reflects the trend of internet dating and I liked the idea of RecycLove. The dating parts were by far my favourite; I wished there were lots more actual dating incidents and scenarios. I found the minor storylines less appealing and although they were filled with some good characters, I felt they watered down the dating theme.

Recommended for readers interested in the highs and lows of internet dating, or those who enjoy books from the RomCom / Chicklit genres.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Match Me If you Can.

October 22, 2017 – Started Reading