Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»'s Reviews > Roomies

Roomies by Christina Lauren

RATING: 4.5 Hearts!

description

Roomies is a beautiful amalgamation of tender romance and elegant seduction, Christina Lauren deftly captivating readers with melodic musical theatre elements set against the cinematic background of a dazzling New York.

He kisses me like it’s love, and as he pushes faster into me, he sounds like a man overcome with love, and when he rolls so I’m on top of him. he watches me with something that looks a lot like love in his eyes.

This story is by no means original when it comes to the romantic structure and pacing, but what makes this tale so mesmerizing is that the setbacks and triumphs of the characters are grounded in real-life details. Holland is gloriously real and instantly likeable, someone who feels as though she could have easily been us at one point or another in our life. She’s free of any kind of fictional exaggeration—no sordid past or relationship issues—instead she’s uncertain about her future endeavors and insecure about her self-concept despite being incredibly knowledgeable having earned a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing. She’s loyal to a fault when it comes to those she loves especially her uncle Rob, and she’s endearingly shy and witty as she finally interacts with her long-time crush Calvin. As the story progresses, Holland’s confidence and self-esteem is a treat to watch slowly build, Calvin and her uncles’ subtle encouragements and her own internal realizations bringing her out of her self-constructed shell.

“I think you might be the best girl there ever was.”
“I think you’re the best boy there ever was, too.”

Calvin is as real as Holland is, his romantic appeal stemming from not only his Irish charms but in his tenacity to grab every music opportunity, from busking to performing with various bands, to make sure his dreams of being recognized musically come true. While his relationship with Holland has an atypical start, his willingness to be a good husband and friend to Holland is infinitely sweet and endearing, earning our seal of approval as he vies for her affections, and making us root for their happily ever after with every sweet kiss given and countless sweet nothings whispered.

He’s become this consuming force of nature in my world.
How could I possibly not fall in love with that?

Overall, Roomies is Contemporary Romance at its best, Holland and Calvin winning us over individually with their dynamic personalities, but making eccentric fans out of us as they slowly yet beautifully progress from friends to lovers. As a first time reader of Christina Lauren, I think it is safe to say I cannot wait to binge read the entirety of their backlist.

Posted: July 5, 2018

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roomies.

October 22, 2017 – Shelved
July 5, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
July 5, 2018 – Shelved as: delicious-men
July 5, 2018 – Shelved as: romance-and-life
July 5, 2018 – Shelved as: sexy-rockstars-musicians-artists

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Lovely review, Maida ;) Glad you found a new author to love reading! xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» KAS wrote: "Lovely review, Maida ;) Glad you found a new author to love reading! xoxo"

Thank you so much, KAS! I adored this book! :) xoxo

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Loved this One!! Glad you enjoyed!!

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Loved this One!! Glad you enjoyed!!"

Thank you, lovely! Happy you loved it too! :) xoxo

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Fab review Maida :)

NinaReader Glad you enjoyed it. Fab review! Love CL so I hope you enjoy the others! Wish I was discovering them all over again...how fun!

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "Fab review Maida :)"

Thank you, KAT! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» NinaReader wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it. Fab review! Love CL so I hope you enjoy the others! Wish I was discovering them all over again...how fun!"

Thank you so much, lovely! I can't believe I didn't read CL sooner. I adored this and I can't wait to binge read everything else. :) xoxo

message 9: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Fabulous review, girl! ❤️

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Wonderful review as always, babe! Glad you enjoyed xx

rheeza Great review! I heard this book is going to be a movie? Hope they will give it justice 😩

message 12: by Alp (new)

Alp Lovely review, hon. Glad you enjoyed it! xx

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Simply stunning review, Maida!! It's been a while since I've read a book from these authors and you have me intrigued!! xoxo

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Great review my dear xoxo-

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Jen wrote: "Fabulous review, girl! ❤️"

Thank you, babe! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Wonderful review as always, babe! Glad you enjoyed xx"

Thank you so much, darling girl! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» rheeza wrote: "Great review! I heard this book is going to be a movie? Hope they will give it justice 😩"

Thank you, lovely! It is! I hope they get the cast right. That's always a make it or break it for me. xo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Alp wrote: "Lovely review, hon. Glad you enjoyed it! xx"

Thank you, lovely! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Natalie wrote: "Simply stunning review, Maida!! It's been a while since I've read a book from these authors and you have me intrigued!! xoxo"

Thank you so much, sweets! This was my first book by them actually but I want to go back and read their old stuff. Can't wait! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Great review my dear xoxo-"

Thank you, love! :) xoxo

message 21: by Malene (new)

Malene Wonderful review, babe

message 22: by Judith (new)

Judith Terrific review,sweetheart xx

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ great review Maida! glad u enjoyed it!

♥Sharon♥ Great review, Maida!

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks* wrote: "Wonderful review, babe"

Thank you, hon! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Judith wrote: "Terrific review,sweetheart xx"

Thank you, darling! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wrote: "great review Maida! glad u enjoyed it!"

Thank you, Sharon! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Great review, Maida!"

Thank you, Sharon! :) xoxo

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog AWESOME review Doll! :)
💖💖💖

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Jack~Racer~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Hayes~Simon~Gianluca & Archer wrote: "AWESOME review Doll! :)
💖💖💖"

Thank you, love! :) xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Ana wrote: "Great review dear xx"

Thank you, gorgeous! :) xoxo

message 32: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Great review babe 💗💗💗

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Michelle wrote: "Great review babe 💗💗💗"

Thank you, honey! :) xoxo

message 34: by CC (new)

CC Lovely review, Maida!

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» CC wrote: "Lovely review, Maida!"

Thank you so much, hon! :) xoxo