Tracy Quoka's Reviews > Morgan

Morgan by Jenna Ryan

I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book, but felt like the plot of a 1980's horror film, you know the ones where anything that could go wrong would. Once they think they are safe Bam! creepy monster is in the next room. That was most of the plot, which is what made it a great book, one never knew what they would find around the next corner, at the next hotel etc. Unfortunately it was usually bad guy(s) and multiple bullets flying. Amber Kelly, who started this book as Alexa, turned evidence over to the FBI on her boss Owen Fixx, who happened to be married to her sister Rachel FKA Georgia. When Fixx attempts to kill them, which is his common way of ending his marriage, they are relocated through the witness protection program. Somehow, (which you will find out if you read the book) they become compromised and Rachel is kidnapped. Amber is determined to get her sister back, and through her WPP contact is sent Gage Morgan. He's a slightly burned out former police officer, with a love for Elvis, and maybe a bit of alcohol. But he is well known for being able to protect an asset. Together they venture off on a journey of twists and turns trying to out run the bad guys, which keep multiplying due to the bounty on Amber's head. Gage has a motley crew of friends that help them out along the way, a former mentor, his "mother" from the commune he was dropped at as a kid, Bear, a compatriot from the military who reminds me of Malcom Boggs, John Malcovich's character from the Movie RED, a slight conspiracy theorist who has a million tech gadgets up his sleeve. All in All I really enjoyed this book, would've preferred a bit more heat between our hero and heroine, but this author got her start with harlequin, and this is consistent with their formula. (I've grown up a bit from when those were the only romances which I read, as they were easy to purchase, EBooks have really broadened my horizons.) Looking at the cover this book appears to be the first in the series and I will be watching for the next one. (I hated that it took me a week to read this book, but *sigh* I also had a busy week, and didn't have as much free time as I would've liked)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morgan.

October 15, 2017 – Started Reading