JoAn's Reviews > The Plot Is Murder

The Plot Is Murder by V.M. Burns

bookshelves: arc, cozy-mystery

The Plot Is Murder by V. M. Burns is a great start to a new cozy series. I was so wrapped in the story that I hated when I had to put it down.

Ms. Burns' plot is smoothly paced and the twists and turns kept me guessing. Ms. Burns has developed quite a cast of characters. Samantha is a widow who is just now allowing herself to begin her life again after the loss of her husband. She is opening a mystery bookstore to fulfill a dream of hers and her husbands. Unfortunately, a murder victim is found in the small backyard behind her bookstore before she can open the store. Her grandmother, Nana Jo, and her grandmother's friends from the retirement village where she lives are more than ready to help Sam solve the murder case. In fact, with their contacts, they gathered the most clues; but it was Sam that put it all together. I laughed a lot while reading this one and I really want to meet the Senior Sleuths. Plus, Sam is writing a British cozy mystery that is included within the story so you get two books within one. I'm looking forward to the next one in this series.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All of the above opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plot Is Murder.

October 21, 2017 – Shelved