Missie's Reviews > The Creed Legacy

The Creed Legacy by Linda Lael Miller

Sep 27, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary
Read from September 27 to 28, 2011

I'm very much a mood reader, so even though I read the first two books in this series over the summer and really enjoyed them, I put off Brody's book for as long as possible because I knew his history was the saddest. Now, I regret waiting so long because Brody's the type of character you don't leave waiting on the back burner.

Yup. Brody Creed. What can I say about him except that he's one helluva cowboy. I totally and completely fell in love with his 'bad boy', loner personality back in book one, so it really is no wonder that his book ended up being my favorite of the lot. And it wasn't just because he had a broken past that he wanted to hide, which I was instantly intrigued by, but because he can charm the pants off a nun just by batting his lashes. Really, who wouldn't want to spend time with a guy like that? That is not to say he isn't as frustrating as trying to light a fire with a wet match when he didn't feel like revealing much about himself, but when you get a glimpse at his cocky grin and playful nature, all is forgiven.

As a love interest, I wouldn't say Carolyn Simmons was particularly appealing. She had her own grief filled past to deal with, same as Brody, so I did feel a touch of sympathy for her, but she was also a drama queen, which I had a tough time accepting. I reckon I'm just a bit jealous that she landed Brody and I didn't.

Sure, some parts were a bit far-fetched, but there is just something about simple, speak easy stories that focus on the importance of family and laying down roots that's like the best kind of comfort food for the soul. And that just what Miller cooked up with The Creed Legacy. It was like coming home.

You won't find a lot of heart-pounding action in this book, but you will find a lot of heart. The kind that is bound to stir up some emotions but makes you glad it did because you realize how therapeutic reflecting on those feelings is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Creed Legacy.