Roberta Blablanski's Reviews > The Bayou Strangler: Louisiana's Most Gruesome Serial Killer

The Bayou Strangler by Fred Rosen

71192752

liked it

This book was doubly interesting to me as I'm interested in true crime and the killings happened where I live. I remember hearing about the deaths and search for the killer as the investigation was developing, and I appreciated having a timeline laid out in this book.

My issue with this book and author is his interchangeable use of county and parish. He mentions at the beginning of the book that Louisiana is unique in that it has parishes instead of counties, yet he chooses to use county often. He also refers to Thibodaux Parish/County quite a few times. There is no Thobodaux Parish, but there is a city called Thibodaux. It's any guess if he means Lafourche Parish (where Thibodaux is located) or Terrebonne Parish (the neighboring parish of Lafourche and where most of the killings occurred). These discrepancies make me wonder what other details and facts he might have gotten misconstrued. With the amount of research and editing required to complete this book, one would think such details would be fact checked. I would have given this book a higher star rating if it not were for those few issues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bayou Strangler.

October 21, 2017 – Started Reading