ABookwormWithWine's Reviews > Disturbed

Disturbed by Jennifer Jaynes

bookshelves: disturbing, drama, female-authors, horror, murder-mystery-thriller, netgalley

4/5 ⭐️!

This book wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be. Creepy yes, but not really scary. It was also a bit bloody, but nothing too disgusting which made me feel a little better.

Disturbed focuses on the life of Chelsea, the only living survivor from a double murder on Halloween night. Her two college roommates were stabbed to death in their apartment, but Chelsea made it out alive and is now trying to cope with her life after the traumatic event.

This was a crazy fast read being as I read it all in one night. I had no issues staying focused on this book and it was definitely a perfect read for the Halloween season!

I didn't see the ending coming AT. ALL., and it definitely threw me for a loop when I learned the truth of what was going on. That being said, the end also killed me a little. It makes me wonder if there will be a second book. I was more than a little frustrated though at how the book ends, and since I haven't read anything else by Jennifer Jaynes, I have no idea if this is what she does at the end of all her books, or if it was just this one.

Either way, I definitely think this book is worth the read, and I for sure want to read other books from this author.

*As always, my reviews can be seen at readingbetweenwinessite.wordpress.com

*This book is going to be published on 11/07/2017*

*Special thanks to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for providing me with an electronic ARC of this book. My review is completely honest and unbiased

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disturbed.

October 20, 2017 – Shelved
October 22, 2017 – Shelved as: disturbing
October 22, 2017 – Shelved as: drama
October 22, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
October 22, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Anne So agree! I didn't see that end coming at all! Made me want to go back and reread some parts (you know which) to see why I couldn't have predicted that! So interestingly creepy!

Kendall Woo hoo! Glad you enjoyed this one too! Right?! Ending was so not expected! 😊

ABookwormWithWine Anne wrote: "So agree! I didn't see that end coming at all! Made me want to go back and reread some parts (you know which) to see why I couldn't have predicted that! So interestingly creepy!"

Yes, yes I do know haha. It was! I was glad it wasn't scary.... So awesomely creepy. Loved that.

ABookwormWithWine Kendall wrote: "Woo hoo! Glad you enjoyed this one too! Right?! Ending was so not expected! 😊"

No kidding!!! Pretty sure my mouth dropped open lol.

message 5: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review!! :)

ABookwormWithWine Deanna wrote: "Excellent review!! :)"

Thank you Deanna!!