chloe ꒰♡ˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈꒱.⑅*♡'s Reviews > Haven

Haven by Mary Lindsey

bookshelves: 2017, advanced-readers-copies, i-own, romance

I received an ARC from Rockstar Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest review.

I remember hosting the cover reveal blitz for this book. All tour hosts were sent book excerpts. I read it and thought, THIS IS SO AMAZING and decided to request for an ARC of this. I love judging books by their covers - Haven has a really cool cover and that makes it even more appealing.

Anyway... here's what I think of this book - 400 pages? It didn't feel like 400 pages. I couldn't put THIS down. I was so concentrated on my Kindle - it was as if we were having a staring contest. I think I finished this in two days because it was just so good and I couldn't stop reading it :)

This book = werewolves + wine + cruel people + a hot girl + ROMANCE. LOTS OF IT.

There is a little bit of graphic violence in the book, and I cringed so hard when reading parts with it. Still, I have to give credit to the author for writing such detailed and realistic scenes. It was as if I was seeing them with my own eyes.

I LOVE THE ROMANCE IN THIS BOOK. RAIN AND FREDDIE ARE SO PERFECT TOGETHER AND I LOVE IT WHEN THEY TRY TO PROTECT EACH OTHER IN DANGEROUS SITUATIONS. THEY ARE SO SWEET and deserve to live happily ever after <3

There are also some really cold-blooded people in this story. They are so heartless and power-hungry and only care about themselves. They torture and even kill people when they become "useless". And that "slavery" part! It's so terrible! I am so grateful I don't live in New Wurzburg.

I feel so bad for Rain and Freddie. They don't deserve to be treated so badly by the evil people around them. At first, I disliked Freddie's cousins, because I thought they were douche bags, but at last they become super supportive and even risk their lives for her, so I changed my opinion.

Freddie is such a great character. She's effortlessly cool, and the shape-shifting part is just, AAHHH 😍. Horrible and life-threatening things keep happening to her and I just want to offer her ice cream + hugs + overflowing love. Same goes for Rain. He is a really wonderful boy and is willing to risk everyone for the people he loves, and it breaks my heart to read about the dreadful stuff that go on in his life all the time.

Rain is an orphan, and he has never experienced any love in his life until he goes to New Wurzburg to live with his aunt, Ruby. Ruby and Freddie offer him love, and when I got to the part where he realizes that he has got something to live for, and something to die for, my heart just melted. I highlighted the whole page on my Kindle. I want to read it over and over and over again. I love that warm feeling it gives me when I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haven.

October 20, 2017 – Started Reading
October 20, 2017 – Shelved
October 21, 2017 –
October 23, 2017 – Finished Reading
October 24, 2017 – Shelved as: advanced-readers-copies
October 24, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
October 24, 2017 – Shelved as: i-own
October 24, 2017 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Great review Chloe x

chloe ꒰♡ˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈꒱.⑅*♡ Miriam wrote: "Great review Chloe x"

Thanks Miriam :) You're so sweet!