Voirrey's Reviews > A Matter of Loyalty

A Matter of Loyalty by Anselm Audley

U 50x66

bookshelves: detective, historical-novels, mystery, read-2017

I was so pleased to see that Anselm Audley had written this from his mother's notes and outline after her sad death.

I think his mother would certainly have approved - it is so similar in style to the previous two books in the series that the move between authors was practically seamless.

As he says himself, in a note at the end, his mother had planned more than three books in the series but he feels it should end here with the last book of which she had written anything. And he does bring many of the threads together so that there is a sense of satisfaction and the wrapping up of some of those threads. It is also clear that, had she lived, his mother would have had woven even more of them together in future books. But I, for one, am so pleased that Mr Audley took up the baton to write this so well, and round off the series rather than leaving it hanging in mid-air where his mother had, so tragically, left things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Matter of Loyalty.

October 20, 2017 – Started Reading
October 20, 2017 – Shelved
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: detective
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: historical-novels
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: mystery
October 21, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
October 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Carolyn I didn't know about this! I shall be heading to Amazon forthwith.

Voirrey Carolyn wrote: "I didn't know about this! I shall be heading to Amazon forthwith."

I'm glad you spotted my review - I meant to rec. it to you but got distracted.