Kerrie's Reviews > The Gene Police: A Shep Harrington Smalltown Mystery

The Gene Police by Elliott  Light

F 50x66

Shep Harrington is back in the third installment of Elliott Light’s novels, this time Shep takes a stab at the world of eugenics, which is breeding to create the ultimate human, a person with the most desirable qualities, created in a lab. In The Gene Police, we are taken back in time where we meet Carl and Betty who are sterilized after the death of their newborn baby.

When, fifty years later, the DNA of that dead baby is found at a murder scene, things get a little tricky. Was that baby actually dead, and why were Carl and Betty sterilized? With the help of Betty’s nephew, the answers may not be as far away as they once thought. Shep is the one who can find the answers, if anyone can.

Elliott Light has a way of creating characters that pop off the pages, and this book will have you immersed from the very first page. Shep is a kind hearted character, he’s seen a lot of stuff in his life, and there is never a dull moment with him. This is one of those books that has quite a few different plot lines, but they all come together in the end.

This book was what first made me want to read the Shep Harrington Small Town Mystery series, it sounded so incredible to me, something that I haven’t read before, at least that comes to mind. Not only is the science of eugenics part of this novel, but throw in a murder mystery, and you’ve got a suspenseful, engrossing tale. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars, definitely a keeper here! I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gene Police.

Finished Reading