Lulu Forth's Reviews > Half Breeds

Half Breeds by Sara Codair

liked it

“You’re cool, weird like me.”

3.5 stars. This is an interesting little read. Another book from NineStar Press’ Halloween short story collection.

This story is about Allen who is expelled from his private catholic school. He is a demon hybrid and is constantly trying to repress his urge to feast on girls. He moves to a public school and instantly strikes up a friendship with sweet and shy Jeremy. But whilst there he also meets Chloe who his demon side is very keen on.

“I find you beautiful. I care about you. I’m falling for you. I don’t want to lose you to darkness. I believe if I can sate your hunger, then I can love you and protect those you might hurt.”

Allen and Jeremy’s friendship deepens and he starts to realise his human side is very attracted to him. But he still has the added complication of controlling his demon side. Some truths come to light about Jeremy’s true nature and his aunt is furious with him over an uncomfortable scene with Chloe in the girls bathroom that Jeremy saves him from.

The bathroom scene made me a little uncomfortable to be honest but I think if you truly read it in the context of the story it’s tolerable...... kind of. Other than that I really enjoyed this sweet little Halloween story.

“We were put in this world at the same time for a reason. We are meant to be together. Literally. Light and dark, Yin and Yang, drawn together like magnetic poles. We’ll be stronger together than we are separate.”

Reviewed by Lulu from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half Breeds.

October 20, 2017 – Shelved