Gary's Reviews > Caliban's War

Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey

The second novel in The Expanse series finds Holden and the crew of the Rocinante trying to stop further attempts to weaponize the protomolecule, with a little help from a Martian marine, a belt-born botanist, and a UN power broker.
As exciting and action packed as the first book, and nearly as good. The ending, while spectacular, doesn't quite pack the emotional punch of its predecessor.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caliban's War.

October 19, 2017 – Shelved
October 20, 2017 – Started Reading
October 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

spikeINflorida Good summary. It's at the top of my precarious TR pile.

Gary spikeINflorida wrote: "Good summary. It's at the top of my precarious TR pile."

Thanks spikeINflorida! - p.s. I went ahead and deleted your accidental comments on the other review ;-)

spikeINflorida Thanks Gary 😎

message 4: by HBalikov (new)

HBalikov Hard for most authors to maintain as great momentum in the second book of a series.

Gary HBalikov wrote: "Hard for most authors to maintain as great momentum in the second book of a series."

True. I just finished the third book and the series is still going strong, so I have a lot of faith in the authors' consistency.

message 6: by HBalikov (new)

HBalikov Gary wrote: "HBalikov wrote: "Hard for most authors to maintain as great momentum in the second book of a series."

Good to know. Thanks

William Thank you for the review!

This was, again, a five-star read for me. Solid hard sci-fi space opera is so hard to find.