Kaitlyn 's Reviews > Can't Walk Away

Can't Walk Away by Sandy James

Can't Walk Away is a really good read. At first, the story is slow and I was unsure of how I would like it. By chapter 2 or 3, the story picks up. The settings are written well and characters are easy to enjoy.

Savannah Wolf is an independent and loving mother. She's very practical in her goals. She wants to provide for her daughter and pay back her parents. Savannah once had the dreams of being a rising star in country music. That went away after a massive betrayal from her manager. I admire Savannah for her bravery on taking a chance to sing again.

Brad Maxwell was a well known song writer in country music. Many of the songs he wrote were hits. After finding out a massive secret that his late wife kept from him, Brad gave up writing music. After hearing Savannah sing at Words & Music, the music starts flowing through his mind again.

There is an instant spark between the two main characters. Brad is willing and wanting to see where the connection with Savannah goes. Savannah is more cautious with taking any chances. She has her daughter to think about. Not only does their relationship start moving fast, so does Savannah's rising fame. It's a lot to take in at once. Communication can help Brad and Savannah make it through the craziness.

My favorite parts of the story were where Brad and Savannah's daughter are interacting with each other. It is adorable to see their connection.

Overall, the story is written well and I truly hope Ethan and Russ (Brad's friends) get their own stories.

I received this book as an Advance Readers Copy. All opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Walk Away.

Finished Reading