Vicky Who Reads's Reviews > The Midnights

The Midnights by Sarah Nicole Smetana

liked it

3 stars

It's been two months and honestly I've already forgotten the majority of this book.

I definitely wanted to read because Sarah is cool and support debuts!!! but this didn't really hit the mark for me. I definitely think I have specific tastes in contemporary, and a big part of why I didn't like this as much as I wanted to was because it wasn't really my style? But I like trying new things, hence why I read it.

I didn't connect with Savannah a lot, and one of my biggest criticisms would be how I wanted a lot more on her family relationship from this book. If it was a family book, I would have been all over this.

But it wasn't and it ended up being a little more slice of life and a little more low-key, which is great for some people, but didn't end up clicking with me. It dragged a little in the middle and I wasn't super invested, but I see the potential in the story. But it didn't move me half as much as I wanted to, hence the very mediocre 3 star rating.

I wouldn't rule Smetana off my list though, and I'd like to see what other books she brings our way!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Vicky Who Reads

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midnights.

October 18, 2017 – Shelved
October 18, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 26, 2018 – Started Reading
October 26, 2018 –
page 210
50.48% "I like it, but not a lot is really happening."
October 26, 2018 –