Stacy Bennett's Reviews > Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone

Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown

True Belonging is something we all aspire to and yet something we pursue in all the wrong ways. Fitting in is not the same as belonging, as Ms. Brown discovers in her research. Spurred on by a Maya Angelou quote ("You only are free when you realize you belong no place — you belong every place — no place at all. The price is high. The reward is great."), Brene brings her considerable research skill and dedication to the question of what does it mean to belong.

This book resonated with me on so many levels and I had quite a few A-ha! moments reading it. I love psychological books that touch on the real problems we face as individuals and as a culture. As usual, Brene Brown treads these delicate issues with fierce courage and vulnerability and tells it like it is. I'm sure this is a book I will go back to more than once to re-read and digest and course-correct myself in my dealings with others. A great read for anyone who has felt left out by the world at large. Inspiring, hopeful and vulnerable.. just like we all should be. Thank you, Brene.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Braving the Wilderness.

October 12, 2017 – Started Reading