BIBLIOMANIAC MJ's Reviews > Best Friends Forever

Best Friends Forever by Margot Hunt

You will have a serious case of FOMO if you don't get your hands on this one!

Best Friends Forever starts off with a bang and will have you in its grips until the very end. While Alice is up early making breakfast for her family, she is surprised to discover two police officers at her front door, wanting to question her over her best friend Kat's alcoholic, abusive, womanising, disgrace of a husband's suicide, now being considered a murder.

Kat and Alice couldn't be more different as far as their backgrounds go...Kat born into a life of extreme wealth, running her own art gallery, while Alice is a former logician and stay at home mom, struggling to make ends meet. With a chance meeting at an airport, they strike up an unlikely friendship, hitting it off from the get go.

Told from Alice's point of view, the book starts off at the present time with alternating chapters over the course of the past three years as we see their friendship grow into one in which they share more with each other than their own spouses.

But do they TRULY know each other???

Alice begins to ask this question when Kat cuts off all communication with Alice, ghosting her after being questioned by the police. Why would Kat do that when she should be in need of her best friend the most at this difficult time? Why has Alice been shunned by Kat's influential family, insisting Alice stay away from Kat? And why are the police looking directly at Alice as part of their investigation for the murder? Alice's life soon becomes a nightmare as a result of the snowballing turmoil set in motion by Howard's death. She will have to use her wit and her skills as a logician if she ever wants to get out of the rabbit hell hole she finds herself in, as with her name sake. I just couldn't put this book down, eager to discover how this one would come to an end. I wasn't disappointed!

With a sharp, clever conclusion, this talented author certainly outwitted me with an ending that, for the life of me, I didn't see coming. I just love when that happens!!! Looking back, the bread crumbs of clues were all there, strategically placed, coming together brilliantly, with all the loose ends tied into a beautiful bow, just the way I like it.

This one ticked all the boxes: intelligent, fast paced, colourful characters, thoroughly engaging with a spellbinding storyline...a guarantee for an entertaining ride!

Needless to say I was surprised and impressed to discover this was the debut novel in this genre for the author, it certainly had me well satiated and I look forward to reading more by the skilled Margot Hunt.

Many thanks to Netgalley, HQ Digital and the author for an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Friends Forever.

October 18, 2017 – Shelved
October 18, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 21, 2017 – Started Reading
December 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Nicki (new) - added it

Nicki Fantastic review,I have looked at this one a couple of times.After reading your review I will definitely be adding it to my TBR pile

message 2: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle I need this, like, NOW!!!

BIBLIOMANIAC MJ @Nicki: I’m glad my review got you to add this one, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it👍

BIBLIOMANIAC MJ @Michelle: I totally agree☺️

message 5: by Monnie (new)

Monnie Excellent review - I'll definitely check this one out!

BIBLIOMANIAC MJ @Monnie: Thank you, let me know your thoughts once you're done 👍