Sarah's Reviews > Dylan's Story

Dylan's Story by Rebekah A. Morris

bookshelves: 2017-reads, contemporary, no-romance

Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: 10-18

I have yet to pick up a book or short-story by Rebekah Morris that I didn’t just love. Her stories are wholesome, devoid of anything objectionable, and always have a realistic faith element that blesses me.

This story featured some of my favorite characters yet! Scott and Autumn were a sweet, godly couple. I loved how loving they were toward each other both physically, emotionally, and with their deeds. I really loved how they interacted with each other. It was written in such a pure way, yet still very romantic that is hard to find these days in books. However, I did want to spank his sister, Fern, a couple of times.

Dylan tugged at my heart. He was so old for his years, such a sweet boy, yet so broken. His struggle to forgive and accept God’s forgiveness was presented in a very realistic manner. I loved how his story came out little by little throughout the book. I was pulled along with his emotions, feeling his joy, anger, frustration, and fear.

The plot to this story was fascinating. As Dylan’s backstory is told in bits and pieces, it becomes more and more interesting. There is a bit of mystery to this story, but not very intense. Even the youngest readers will enjoy this book

I highly recommend this book for those who like wholesome stories, faith-building messages, and lovable characters.

I was given a copy of this book for the purpose of writing a review. I was not required to write a positive review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dylan's Story.

October 17, 2017 – Shelved
October 17, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 30, 2017 – Started Reading
October 31, 2017 –
12.0% ""Fern, he's an Army man. Army men don't get sick from rain and wind.""
October 31, 2017 –
20.0% "Oh Fern, how could you? *Hugs Dylan*"
October 31, 2017 –
39.0% "I love Scott so much... and Autumn"
October 31, 2017 –
47.0% ""Well, I can't wait till I'm older than him and can know things first."

Hehehe, such a younger sibling thing to say."
October 31, 2017 –
76.0% "If I get married I want my marriage to look like Scott and Autumn's. *happy sigh*"
October 31, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-reads