Erin's Reviews > Middlesex

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Sep 26, 2011

bookshelves: fiction, favorites, listened-to, read-and-owned
Read from September 26 to October 16, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Middlesex.

message 1: by Cass (new)

Cass how's the narration?

Erin Phenomenal! I keep thinking I'd savor the writing more in print, but the reader is so good I can't bring myself to switch formats.

Christina I really am excited this was selected for Reading Buddies. Very thought-provoking. I wish I had someone to discuss it with when I was reading it.

Erin Christina, feel free to jump into the RB discussion, if you remember anything you wanted to discuss. You're very welcome to join in.

Christina Will do! Although, I think I'll wait until you post part two. I'd hate to spoil something.

Erin Oh, yeah, good point. I'll let you know if I can't restrain myself and have actually finished by the time I post part 1!

Buried In Print Do you have dates in mind for this readalong? I just shifted this one to my current TBR stack and wonder if I can catch up. (Famous last bookish words.)

Erin We're reading it during the whole month of October. It's for Reading Buddies, which is really informal. I'll post about the first half (ish) on October 14th and the rest on October 28. You can post on your site as many or few times as you want. I'll have a link-up on the last post where you can enter any or all of them. Or you can just drop in and discuss on Erin Reads. There's a Goodreads group where people discuss a bit, too, if you search for Reading Buddies :-)

Buried In Print Thanks, Erin. I'm aiming to work it into the mix!
::eyes reading schedule, trying to look menacing::

message 10: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin That'd be great! I've just been ignoring my reading schedule as much as I can. I'm getting a little burned out!

message 11: by Vishy (new)

Vishy Wow! 5-stars is awesome! Glad to know that you liked this book so much! I have to read it sometime.

message 12: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Absolutely 5 stars! And a "favorite" label to boot :-) I hope you do give it a try sometime. I'll look forward to hearing what you think!

Christina Oh, I'm so glad you loved it!

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin I did. I loved it so much!

message 15: by Vishy (new)

Vishy Erin wrote: "Absolutely 5 stars! And a "favorite" label to boot :-) I hope you do give it a try sometime. I'll look forward to hearing what you think!"

Thanks Erin! I am moving it to the top of my 'TBR' list :)