Kaitlyn's Reviews > The Glorious Flight: Across the Channel with Louis Bleriot July 25, 1909

The Glorious Flight by Alice Provensen

F 50x66
Sep 26, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: biographical-picture-books
Read on October 08, 2011

This is my information/ biography book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glorious Flight.

08/09 marked as: read

Kaitlyn I thought that The Glorious Flight was an okay book. I think that children would get bored having this book read aloud to them and although the story is part of our history with flying, it is not that interesting to young children. Also, some of the language including the names would be hard for children to read this book individually. The illustrations were okay. They helped add to the story but were not very detailed or enhancing to the content of the book. I am not sure how this illustrator received a Caldecott Award for this book's illustrations.