Katie's Reviews > Social Paranoia: How Consumers and Brands Can Stay Safe in a Connected World

Social Paranoia by Dane Cobain

F 50x66

Had I not felt paranoid before reading Social Paranoia I sure did after finishing it.
I liked that the chapters lead into the other, so the book felt like a very seamless PowerPoint presentation, and with excellent examples, from recent events you will recall, used to labour the points Cobain makes. I think it's interesting so many of us lay out our lives online, sharing pictures of family, selfies, personal posts on our experiences, and yet while you can delete all of this, a digital footprint can remain, especially if you still keep an old account on a long forgotten social media website. That content could be potentially damaging if ever leaked. Going viral, becoming a meme, and doxing also gave me food for thought. The Grandma rule is a sound piece of advice.
Practical, and not too technical, Social Paranoia could be given to your Grandma, or your ten year old, who's begging for a Smartphone this Christmas. You'll probably learn a thing or two, and would be wise to follow some of the pointers Cobain gives, such as checking your privacy settings and changing your passwords on occasion.
Reviewed on The Reader's Handbook https://katiecreativewriterblog.wordp...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Paranoia.

Finished Reading