KayCee K's Reviews > Malala's Magic Pencil

Malala's Magic Pencil by Malala Yousafzai

bookshelves: biography-autobiography, children-books, covers-i-love, diversity, enjoyed, favorites, must-read, read-for-a-tour, read-in-2017
Read 2 times. Last read October 13, 2017.

Over the summer I read Malala biography and loved it! I heard her story but finally got my hands on her book, it brought tears to my eyes and joy. So, when I learned that she has a picture book I knew I had to read it. But the best part is that I got to share her story with my younger brother. While reading it he would ask a lot of questions. During the story, I had to explain to him that not all kids get the chance to learn like he does, or why women in the book don't get to go to school like his sisters have. This made him tear up. Not only did I get to read about her journey in a new way but I got to share it with my brother. This is a story that I will hold close to my heart.

Not only does this book have a strong story and message but the art is beautiful! The way the art fits the words it a wonderful plays off each other. I love the way the gold plays on the pages is breathtaking. Her story is one that I think kids need to hear and she has now made a book that lets children learn it, in a way that doesn't hide the truth but puts it in a way that they can understand it. Malala has an amazing story. This book is woven together with magic and truth, in a perfect way that makes it a must-read for all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malala's Magic Pencil.

October 11, 2017 – Started Reading
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: must-read
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: read-for-a-tour
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2017

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Mary (new)