Shayna's Reviews > Bottoms Up

Bottoms Up by Holly Renee

Holly Renee is a brand new author to me and my first impression was blown away! I absolutely ADORED Bottoms Up! The characters were amazing - with the female lead being my FAVORITE and the storyline flowed just effortlessly! Sexy, sassy, sweet, and smart, BOTTOMS UP was an instant WINNER for me!

"No one had ever had the power to hurt me like he did. He had the power to change everything.”

I think what made this book so REAL to me was our heroine, Kennedy. I LOVED HER instantly because she was so relatable with her bookworm mentality and her love for all things Harry Potter. She had some insecurities about her weight thanks to her douchebag ex-boyfriends and her horrible, HORRIBLE family, but she still carried confidence when it mattered. I strive to be like that daily and reading how Kennedy had good days and bad, made me feel better about myself, and it reminded me how that was OK.

The male lead in BOTTOMS UP is Tucker. Oh sweet, sexy, gorgeous, cocky Tucker. He put a smile on my face with each turn of the page. His genuine adoration for Kennedy made my heart melt. The way he treated her as a friend and as a lover was absolutely beautiful. Together, these two set the pages on fire! Their chemistry was insane once they got past the ‘friend-zone’. They didn’t have the best first meeting - pure annoyance turned into witty and flirtatious banter. Which then turned into a beautiful friendship with an underlying sexual attraction. Then the gloves were off folks! When they both discovered they wanted each other on a deeper level, they couldn’t grab onto one another fast enough. The rest is history...so they say.

”I didn’t want a perfect fairy tale with anyone else. I didn’t need a happily ever after. All I needed was whatever he was willing to give. I needed it like my last breath.”

Before I sign off, I wanted to give a shout-out to the secondary characters in this story. Liam, Brooke, Sophie, Chloe, and Jase. I LOVED THEM ALL and I can only hope that Holly Renee has big plans for this group. Lord knows there is already some ammunition to work with that came out of BOTTOMS UP! Kennedy and Tucker’s beautiful love story has gotten me pumped up for this series! This was a FANTASTIC START and I can’t wait to see what the author brings us next!

BOTTOMS UP Teaser

ARC stamp

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bottoms Up.

October 15, 2017 – Started Reading
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: genre-contemporary-romance
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: series-rock-bottom
October 16, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it