Fiona Chapman's Reviews > The Keepers: Archer

The Keepers by Rae Rivers

Sienna.

A powerful Beckham Witch, and her Keepers. And the forbidden feelings between Sienna... and one particular Keeper: Archer.

Sienna and her Keepers (brothers Archer, Ethan and Declan) have grown up together. They're blood-bound to protect her. They'll do anything to keep her safe. But things get a little tricky when Sienna and Archer can't deny their growing attraction to each other - there's an ancient curse that prevents them from being together, and if they ignore that curse, the results could be catastrophic. Except, that's not all, because they're also fighting a very real evil that could threaten everything they stand for and the world as they know it. The forbidden love story in this paranormal romance is brilliantly interwoven with a fabulous story arc of thrills, suspense and page-turning excitement.

Rae Rivers has a fantastic way of bringing her characters to life - and bring them to life she does. The action is powerful, the magic scenes so vividly written they should come with a health warning - you could feel yourself whipped up in a wind storm. I love a book where I feel as though I'm watching a movie, and Ms Rivers does exactly this when portraying a character's mannerisms. One of the characters in the book reminded me of a certain MC in The Vampire Diaries (TV series) - and if you're a fan of the Vampire Diaries, you'll have to check this series out to decipher who I'm referring to.

With Archer (and the prequel Sienna) already demonstrating fantastic story-telling with plenty of page-turning suspense, The Keepers series promises to be a rollercoaster ride, and I can't wait to read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keepers.

October 15, 2017 – Started Reading