Zoë's Reviews > Turtles All the Way Down

Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

Even though I just finished this book, I already know it's one that will stick with me for years to come. I can't fully express how cathartic this book was. I finally saw parts of myself represented in a novel - the parts that I was ashamed of and pretended didn't exist. This is by far my favorite John Green novel. I can't say much more about this because I'm still sobbing over it. Just read it, please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turtles All the Way Down.

October 15, 2017 – Shelved
October 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 15, 2017 –
page 1
0.35% "Planning on writing an essay on this for my YA lit class!"
October 18, 2017 – Started Reading
October 18, 2017 –
page 93
32.52% "I've already cried twice so that's good."
October 18, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Nicole Campbell Same.

message 2: by Madison (new) - added it

Madison Peck I want it.... we shall see

WeAreInfinite Definitely want to read it now

Nicole Junk I agree! This was a terrific return novel for Green. The ending was so real and bittersweet. Great novel for sure!

Smurf me too! I just read the first chapter and Im a heavy hearted mess after realizing and relating to the characters stuggle...Im a little lot nervous

Aleena Tanveer This book is as beautiful and as relatable as it gets . It truly is gonna stay in many hearts forever.

Melinda I am having trouble catching my breath. How incredible to see the thoughts I have and can’t describe put into words.

Brooklyn I know right! I totally agree agree with this review. It’s so amazing having your own thoughts that you deemed crazy put into words by someone else. It’s such a bittersweet and beautifully written book.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

This convinced me so much more to read it as maybe my next book.

Nazaria I ust started reading books by Jhon Green and aind I love his books nothing so far. IF YOU EVER NEED A Good BOOK TO Read You Need To Read We Were Liars

Chaity Nahar Just finished it right now and I just can't stop thinking about it, i don't know what to start with, this is among the best books I have ever read, I know this is the book I am going to read every now and then ,over and over again, I loved everything about the novel , aza, Davis, daisy , michal , Noah, aza's mom, every character felt like a person next door , so real , so relatable, Aza and Davis! I loved their conversation, i loved their being "us" and saying goodbye , I think I am going to reread it now 😁

Bailey Gillespie This is one of the books that I’ll carry in my heart for a long time. It was beautifully written. I love the style the John Green writes. He tends to make awful situations somewhat beautiful. Aza is one of my favorite characters ever, helping to open society’s eyes to the stigmatism around mental health. Absouletely wonderful book!

message 13: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby Lent As someone who also saw themselves in this book, it's beautiful to see mental illness representation in such an amazing way in a book. I think that one of my favorite parts about this book definitely had to be that Aza's anxiety and OCD was so well portrayed and sparked so many emotions in me. As someone with an anxiety disorder I think it's incredible that John Green finds it acceptable to talk about certain issues in literature, therefore showing other authors it's okay to talk about sensitive issues. By talking about certain things and having a character with certain mental struggles, he brings enlightenment and acceptance to the issue which is so good for people with mental illnesses who often times feel alone.