Geri Reads's Reviews > White Hot

White Hot by Ilona Andrews

bookshelves: all-my-loves

Mad Rogan is just gaaaaaaaah! I love me some grumpy and reclusive heroes, and Mad Rogan is certainly that and more! He started of a bit dark and like Nevada, I thought he was a psychopath and has no morals. I mean, being called the Butcher of Merida or the Scourge of Mexico is kind of a dead giveaway for psychopathy. But Connor Rogan is exactly the perfect foil for Nevada Baylor, truthseeker and detective extraordinaire.

Their chemistry is HOT. And the banter was AWESOME! And Nevada is such a multifaceted heroine. Yes, she's strong and capable but throughout the series, she has shown vulnerability that made her all the more relatable. I love how she stands up to Rogan. He's very dominant and he could very well impose his will on her but Nevada is no shrinking violet.

I love the dynamics of their relationship. They fight and make compromises. But most of all, their romance is fraught with tension coming from both the inside and outside, which makes for a really compelling read.

If you're a fan of urban fantasy with a healthy dose of romance, I highly recommend this book and this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Hot.

Started Reading
October 15, 2017 – Shelved
October 15, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 22, 2017 – Shelved as: all-my-loves

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Whitney Great review. Loved this book!

Geri Reads @Whitney Thank you! It's amazing.

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev Terrific review Geri.

message 4: by Vee (new) - added it

Vee Paige I'm ready to re-read this. I need me a Mad Rogan fix.

Geri Reads Vee wrote: "I'm ready to re-read this. I need me a Mad Rogan fix."

Can't say I blame ya. Mad Rogan is pretty spectacular! And I can't wait for the next book!

Geri Reads Bev wrote: "Terrific review Geri."

Thanks, Bev!

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth I need to read these authors! Wonderful review, Geri!

ReadingWonderland I'm so glad I read this review. Hands down this series is one of the best I ever read.

ReadingWonderland ....and I don't read uf books. Damn it was good. Now I feel lost looking for another awesome book to read.