Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > Until There Was You

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins

Sep 26, 2011

bookshelves: read-2012, adult, romance-contemp-setting

Read this review on my blog! --> Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins

Until There Was You was my first Kristan Higgins book. What had I been waiting for?! I honestly don’t even know where to begin explaining just how much I enjoyed this book. I LOVED it!

Every single character in this book felt so real to me. Maybe it was that Posey and Liam’s story is told through several flashbacks to their high school years, therefore letting us into their past, allowing us to understand them better, but even the secondary characters had so much life. I wanted to know what happened to everyone in this book, every single person I met. After reading the last page, I felt I was leaving friends behind. I wanted to reread it just to see them again.

I loved Posey, but man I wanted her to put her foot down so many times! With her family, with Liam, she needed to set them straight several times during this book. She was by no means a pushover, she was just too easy going to confront people about things. I loved watching her grow more and more confident, seeing for herself just how special she was.

Liam’s character really surprised me. I figured he’d just be this sexy, bad guy from her past, whose defenses Posey would brake down. And he was, in a way. I did not expect him to have so much depth. We get to know him, especially his fears, and my heart broke for him several times throughout this book.

To all of my reluctant romance readers: you should read this book. It’s perfect for anyone wanting to get their feet wet in this genre. By that I mean that if the sexytimes is what makes you nervous about reading romance, this book will in no way scare you off. ;)

Until There Was You is a book with layers and layers of story and characters, which Kristan Higgins perfects in just 300 and some pages. I loved it so much that, when finished, I hugged it close to my heart and sighed with a huge smile on my face. If you want that feeling, read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until There Was You.

September 26, 2011 – Shelved