Laura Farrington's Reviews > Heiress of Darkness: Magic Reborn #2

Heiress of Darkness by Ashlyn Allbrook

liked it

** spoiler alert ** I read this book on the Kindle app and accessed it with my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

As this was only the second Reverse Harem book I had ever read (with the first being 'Heiress of Light' by Ashlyn Allbrook - book one in this series) I didn't really have any expectations except for smut, and that it may follow the same formula. I wasn't disappointed on either account. Sometime a girl just needs to read some romance. When I read romance novels though I find it important that there is a good story behind it, something that makes me empathize with the characters. It makes the experience more complete. I found that it had that story in a different way to the first installment. Instead of the men being ordered to guard the Heiress of Light, these Brothers chose to guard the heiress of darkness.

I did feel that the war the goddess's were trying to start could have been much better portrayed. The whole journey to get to the temple to stop the war and in the last 3 pages the whole war is averted? And SPOILERS the death of a main character (which I felt was necessary to differentiate the betrayal and redemption from one of the men in book one from the betrayal of one of her men in book two).

In summary: Smut yes, Romance yes, fulfilling plot - not really. Definitely a fun quick smutty read though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heiress of Darkness.

October 15, 2017 – Started Reading