druidessprincess's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Alexandra Monir

After a horrible tragedy occurs, breaking Michele's world into pieces, she is forced to move to New York to live with her extremely rich and extremely austere grandparents on their family estate. It's a whole new life; an existence completely at odds with Michele's upbringing, and she struggles to find things in her new world to cling to for hope. But when she finds a key in her new bedroom - a key that can transport her back in time - everything changes. A whole new world opens up before her eyes, and she finds herself falling hopelessly in love. But how can she live in two different times, leading two different lives? And is one life important enough to sacrifice the other?

This book was pretty good. I always enjoy historical elements in books, especially when its through the medium of time travel - and I really enjoyed the juxtaposition created by Monir between modern day 2010 and 1910 - the historical scenes almost seemed richer and more real than the 'real time' scenes by the end of the book! I didn't exactly buy into the love story between Michele and Philip - although the emotions as Monir described them were both real and heart wrenching, the relationship itself seemed a little forced, and was not given sufficient time to develop, in my opinion. A little more character development on the authors part would have been a lot more enriching to the plot line also. Saying that, Monir did succeed in painting a picturesque tale of a love that can travel the oceans of Time, and there were some twists towards the end that I think might definitely surprise the unsuspecting reader! I will read the sequel. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.

September 25, 2011 – Shelved