Amanda Kratz's Reviews > Snow & Rose

Snow & Rose by Emily Winfield Martin

liked it

This is a cute charming story for a Middle Grade reader. I made the mistake of thinking it was YA.

There are beautiful watercolor illustrations through out the books that are incredibly sweet. They remind me a bit of Beatrix Potter.

The story feels very much like you are being told a fairy tale. There is no character growth or development and things just happen to the characters. Each chapter is a new encounter with the title characters, Snow & Rose and some unlikely, person, place, object. Parts of the story feel very disjointed and tend to leap about a bit. However everything is related at the end and is all tied up nicely. Compared to the ultra slow set up in the beginning the conclusion feels a bit rushed.

It is an enchanting tale for a young girl who likes fairy tales, but for me personally next time I’ll pass.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow & Rose.

October 13, 2017 – Started Reading
October 13, 2017 – Shelved
October 13, 2017 –
page 1
0.47% "This book physically super heavy for such a tiny thing"
October 15, 2017 –
page 116
54.46% "For some odd reason I thought this was YA but is most definitely Middle Grade reading.

It is cute, many beautiful water color images.

But things just happen to the characters."
October 17, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Sass You might like The Hazel Wood instead! That is a YA book I bought as a gift for a young reader entering high school next year. It’s dark.