Brett's Reviews > Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

Social Technologies in Business by Collectif

Mar 04, 2018

bookshelves: 2018-reading-list
Reading for the 2nd time. Most recently started January 14, 2018.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Technologies in Business.

Quotes Brett Liked

“One of the reasons for their struggle is that digital subverts hierarchy. Digital is a rebellious act against command-and-control systems.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“Enterprise Social Networks allow leaders to get a pulse check on their organisation. They will read about topics, issues and solutions that no one would have dared to send to them by email.”

“Be digitally present”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“Knowledge work as a heavily human task became industrialised in the pursuit of standardisation and efficiency”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“We have relied on the wirearchy to make the hierarchy work. In every organisation today, employees must work their way around broken processes; they work to share information informally and people lobby the decision-making process that are supposedly remote and impartial. Work is too important to be left to dumb processes and dumb organisations.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“A bottom-up, open-minded tool was created! Developed by end-users, for end-users. And that’s why a lot of people love Slack, because it was built for them and not for their organisation.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“That’s why we really love Slack, an ESN focussing on team communication, because it has the necessary open-mindedness and it integrates with a whole collection of business applications.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“Keep your users in mind all of the time and make sure the integration you go for, favours their performance and efficiency at work.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“The digital workplace nurtures individuality. It will take some time before people get used to this new reality.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“Is there too much noise in your network? Well, then you are following the wrong people.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“We can at times see the technology as prescribing the form of interaction but social technology supports many patterns of human activity.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“When you are microblogging, your posts are addressed to the community, so you never know up front who will read them. With emails, the sender determines who reads their message, whereas in Enterprise Social Networks the reader (community member) determines whether to read it.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“Digital is not a choice we make; it is the result of how our world has evolved.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“A laser-sharp focus on mobilising people around a common passion – not enterprise technology itself – helped the company change the way people work, and this lead to stronger performance.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“It took someone to say: “maybe it’s the way we work”. Solving technical issues all the time wouldn’t help us reach our goal. We needed to change the way we worked.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“Our approach worked because we didn’t focus on cultural change or social media. Instead, we focussed on building a community of people who care.”
Collectif, Social Technologies in Business: Connect, Share, Lead

“One of the reasons why our Enterprise Social Network succeeded was because we didn’t force people to start collaborating. They started collaborating because they saw for themselves that they could get their work done in a more effective way.”

October 13, 2017 – Shelved
October 13, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2018 – Shelved as: on-deck
January 1, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reading-list
January 14, 2018 – Started Reading
January 14, 2018 – Started Reading
January 14, 2018 –
1.0% "This has been on my to read list for a while, looking forward to digging in"
March 4, 2018 – Finished Reading