Scott Woodard's Reviews > Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive

Entrepreneurial You by Dorie Clark

bookshelves: non-fiction

"The world needs your ideas -- and you need to be paid for them. That's the path to lasting influence, impact, and freedom."

This is the last line of Dorie Clark's new book: "Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive." Through case studies of entrepreneurs who share their successes -- and their failures -- coupled with concrete suggestions and exercises, Clark provides a very useful handbook for entrepreneurs to learn how to "shift from making money with something...to making money because of something."

Clark shows us how to build our brand, monetize our expertise, and extend our reach and impact all made possible by technology. She does so by presenting an array of strategies, noting that there's no one right path to follow. What is essential, she notes, is in this age of constant economic disruption it's riskier not to diversify one's strategies to connect with new audiences and capture value through multiple channels.

Clark is quick to point out that success doesn't come overnight. We have to build trust with our audience by continually providing value. We have to maintain strong connections by being focused and consistent in our content. And we have to grow our audience to a critical mass that will provide a healthy ROI when we monetize our expertise. She then provides a roadmap on how to accomplish this.

Dorie Clark once again provides clear and cogent advice on how to navigate in today's world. "Entrepreneurial You" is a solid followup to her first two books. I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entrepreneurial You.

October 13, 2017 – Started Reading